Quensh Specialists Ltd. registered office is at c/o Blackwood Partners LLP, Blackwood House, Union Grove Lane, Aberdeen, AB10 6XU and are a company registered in Scotland under company number SC368992.
We will comply with the data protection law and will ensure that the personal data we hold about you must be:
- used lawfully, fairly, and in a transparent way;
- collected only for legitimate purposes that have been clearly explained to the individual, and not used in a way that is incompatible with those purposes;
- relevant to the purposes for which it was gathered and limited to those purposes only;
- accurate and kept up to date;
- kept only for as long as is necessary for the purposes communicated to the individual; and
- kept securely.
We collect data from people who apply for employment with Quensh or people who register to use our services via the website or by contacting the business directly in order that we can provide ours services and in accordance with our client’s instructions.
Lawful Bases of Processing Personal Data
We will only use your personal data where there are lawful reasons to do so. Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
- To allow us to comply with the contract we have entered into with you;
- To allow us to comply with a legal obligation;
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) where your interests and rights are not overridden by these.
Information That We Collect
We will collect personal identification information from Users only if they voluntarily submit such information to us. Users can always refuse to supply personally identification information, except that it may prevent them from engaging with our services. We use this information to provide you with products and services. We may also collect website usage data.
Personal Data Collected
In the normal course of your relationship with our recruitment service, we can collect the following types of personal information:
- Personal identification information, such as your name, home address, date of birth, work- related photographs, and phone number;
- Driving Licence Details and Vehicle Ownership details if relevant;
- Social media details if relevant e.g. LinkedIn Profile information;
- Immigration, right-to-work and residence status;
- Job-related information, such as salary expectations, years of service, work location, employment ID, work record, vacation absences, and contract data;
- Educational and training information, such as your educational awards, certificates and licenses, vocational records and in-house training attendance.
The majority of personal data collected will be from you as per the below but the Company may also gather information about you externally, as in the case of referees. Examples of these are given below, please note that these lists are not exhaustive:
- Through the use of forms or documents provided by you and completed by you (please note that this list is not exhaustive) e.g. Employment CV;
- Through the use of third party information providers (please note that this list is not exhaustive) e.g. DVLA Driving Record Information Site, Referees;
- Through taking photocopies of relevant documents (please note that this list is not exhaustive) e.g. your passport and driving licences,
We may collect non-personal identification information about Users whenever they interact with our Site. Non-personal identification information may include business IP address, browser information, the type of computer and technical information about Users means of connection to our Site, such as the operating system and the Internet service providers utilised and other similar information.
How long do we keep your data
The Company only ever retains personal information for as long as is necessary and we have strict review and retention policies in place to meet these obligations.
If you have subscribed to an email alert or subscription service, we will keep your personal data for as long as you are subscribed to that service or as we are required to by law and we will delete that data if you have requested it to be removed.
We keep all applicant information such as CVs/Applications for a period of 18 months from the last contact with you as an individual, thereafter, the information is destroyed.
Keeping your Data Secure
We have taken appropriate technical and organisational measures to protect the information systems on which your personal information is stored and we require our suppliers and service providers to protect your personal information by contractual means.
We have several layers of security measures in place, including: password policies, clear desk policies, encryptions, pseudonymisation, firewalls, anti-virus / malware software.
Within Quensh, we limit access to your personal data to those who have a business need to know and they will only process your data on our instructions and under strict conditions of confidentiality. All Quensh staff who handle personal data are aware of their responsibilities under this Privacy Notice and are adequately trained and supervised.
Special Categories Data
“Special categories” of particularly sensitive personal data require higher levels of protection. We need to have further justification for collecting, storing and using this type of personal date.
We may process special categories of personal data in the following circumstances:
- In limited circumstances, with your explicit written consent.
- In order to perform pre-employment background checks, such as financial history, criminal history as requested by our clients;
- Less commonly, we may process this type of data where it is needed in relation to legal claims or where it is needed to protect your interests (or someone else’s interests) and you are not capable of giving your consent, or where you have already made the data public.
We ensure that we meet all legal requirements in relation to the collection, use and storage of personal data including any additional protections or measures that may be required for any special category personal data.
How we share your data
We will share your personal data with third parties: where lawfully required to do so; where it is necessary to administer the working relationship with you or, where we have another legitimate interest in doing so. For example, for providing your CV to prospective employers.
“Third parties” includes third-party service providers (including contractors and designated agents) and our Clients however, personal data will only be provided to Clients as part of our recruitment service and you will be fully informed through our recruitment process in relation to the sharing of your CV to prospective employers.
All third-parties are required to take appropriate security measures to protect your personal data in line with our policies. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes. We only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions. We ensure that we have written agreements in place with all such service providers who process any personal data on our behalf which require that they will comply with obligations that meet the terms of this Privacy Notice.
You have the right to access any personal information that the Company processes about you and to
request information about: –
- What personal data we hold about you;
- The purposes of the processing;
- The categories of personal data concerned;
- The recipients to whom the personal data has/will be disclosed;
- How long we intend to store your personal data for;
- If we did not collect the data directly from you, information about the source.
If you believe that we hold any incomplete or inaccurate data about you, you have the right to ask us to correct and/or complete the information and we will strive to update/correct it as quickly as possible; unless there is a valid reason for not doing so, at which point you will be notified.
You also have the right to request erasure of your personal data or to restrict processing in accordance with data protection laws depending on the basis of processing.
We respect your right to object to any uses or disclosures of your personal information that are not (i) required by law, (ii) necessary for the fulfilment of a contractual obligation (e.g., employment contract), or (iii) required to meet a legitimate need of Quensh Specialists Ltd. (such as disclosures for internal auditing and reporting purposes or other processing covered by this notice). If you do object, we will work with you to find a reasonable accommodation.
If you want to review, verify, correct or request erasure of your personal data, object to the processing of your personal data, withdraw your consent or request that we transfer an electronic copy of your personal data to another party, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All requests will be considered without undue delay and within one month of receipt as far as possible. No fee is usually required, however, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request for access is requires extreme or unique measures. Please note that we may in limited circumstances refuse a request, where we have compelling legitimate grounds or where prevented by obligations of confidentiality or legal privilege.
Transferring your Data out with the EEA / EU
All personal data we collect from you or about you is stored on our secure servers. Our servers are hosted in the UK.
Quensh Specialists Ltd. does not transfer personal data out with the EEA/EU. On rare occasions where this is required, it will only occur where you have requested it or provided consent and for any data that is transferred out with the EEA, we will take steps to ensure that the country is compliant with data protection legislation and there are appropriate means in place to safeguard your data.
Web browser cookies
How we use collected information
Quensh use this data for legitimate business purposes to:
- Improve customer service;
- Respond to customer service requests;
- Support customer needs efficiently;
- Understand how visitors use our website
How we protect your information
We adopt appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorised access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information.
Third party websites
Users may find advertising or other content on our Site that link to the sites and services of our partners, suppliers, advertisers, sponsors, licensors and other third parties. We do not control the content or links that appear on these sites and are not responsible for the practices employed by websites linked to or from our Site. In addition, these sites or services, including their content and links, may be constantly changing. These sites and services may have their own privacy policies and customer service policies. Browsing and interaction on any other website, including websites which have a link to our Site, is subject to that website’s own terms and policies.
This webpage was last updated on 3rd March 2022.