Flotation Energy is a leader in the field of offshore wind. As a developer and owner of offshore wind projects, the company is carving a future as a major player in the renewable energy market. With a skillset focused on finding suitable locations for new offshore wind projects, the company prides itself on its expertise in finding and developing sites for floating projects in deeper waters.
Flotation Energy wanted to move from their existing project delivery framework to an Integrated Management System certified by a UKAS Third-Party Certification provider. The scope was to certify the company’s management system standards in line with:
- ISO 9001 (Quality)
- ISO 14001 (Environmental)
- ISO 45001 (OH&S)
The goal was to achieve full certification by the end of 2021.
To support Flotation Energy in its certification goal, Quensh firstly undertook a review of the existing documentation in place and evaluated the core processes to gain a clearer understanding of Flotation Energy’s operations.
Quensh was then able to generate management system processes, including contract review, design and engineering activities, project management and sub-contractor management, and the associated documentation required.
This process was carried out in close collaboration with the Flotation Energy team.
As well as the preparation of the management system documentation, Quensh supported implementation of the system including:
- Analysis of business risk, stakeholders and interested parties
- Examining procedure and documentation roll-out
- Completion of legislative compliance audit
- Creation of legal and wider registers with any actions raised being planned and executed prior to third-party certification audit
- Identification of significant environmental aspects and impacts, and the development of associated assessments
- Development of emergency response plans and facilitation of associated drills
- Creation of audit schedule and completion of internal and supplier audits prior to third-party certification audit
- CDM considerations on the basis that the client will fulfil the role of ‘Client’ and appoint a ‘Principal Contractor’
- Preparation and attendance at Stage 1 and Stage 2 third-party certification audits
RESULTS & BENEFITS
Flotation Energy successfully achieved certification in all three standards upon review by globally accredited registrar and classification organisation, DNV.
Developing the management system allowed Flotation Energy to demonstrate how it can capably fulfil its HSEQ commitments, as well as how it will consistently plan and manage its business and associated projects.
By gaining full certification in three key quality accreditations strengthens Flotation Energy’s operations and instils confidence and trust for customers that projects are managed safely and efficiently, which adds a competitive edge.
Flotation Energy is aligning a strong corporate governance with a commitment to continuous improvement and progression for their business by achieving the highest global certifications.
Click here to download the case study.
Get in touch and let us re-think your HSEQ.